Heavy Duty Degreaser
Industrial Cleaner Degeraser(water Based)
- Green Seal® Certified GS-34 Clean Air Solvent
- South Coast AQMD Certified Clean Air Solvent
- California Prop 65 Safe with no listed ingredients
- CNC Machine Compatible
- Blaser Certified Compatible
- Great for spray and wipe, dip, and parts washing applications
- Heavy Duty Degreaser works best in ultrasonic cleaning
- Heavy Duty Degreaser is a cleaner / degreaser designed to remove organics from any surface compatible with water.
Heavy Duty Degreaser Environmental Certifications
Water Works Heavy Duty Degreaser is a non-hazardous, water based, surfactant. Therefore it does not contain any chelating ingredients such as EDTA, phosphates or chlorinated solvents. This way you don’t have to worry about toxicity. Heavy Duty Degreaser is not soy based either.
Unlike traditional chemistry such as mineral spirits, high alkaline or hazardous chemicals, Water Works Heavy Duty Degreaser uses the power of water. Water is proven safe for the material being cleaned, the trained worker and is environmentally responsible. That is why it is the base of all our degreasers.
Water Works Heavy Duty Degreaser has meet the following requirements to be certified by GreenSeal.
The Green Seal® Standard for Cleaning and Degreasing Agents, GS-34, establishes environmental requirements for agents suitable for cleaning soils in production and maintenance applications. Suitable agents do not include those for specialized cleaning/degreasing operations such as the removal of paints, sealants, rust, and adhesives; hand-wiping parts; preparation of surfaces for electroplating, organic coatings, and parts testing; or the cleaning of hydraulic components, medical supplies, electronics, and optics.
Find our listing at GreenSeal.org
South Coast AQMD has certified Heavy Duty Degreaser as meeting the following requirements to be certified by AQMD as a Clean Air Solvent.
The low VOC requirement of the rules and the availability of the new solvents generate a new class of solvent called Clean Air Solvent (CAS). In order to be qualified, the clean air solvent has to meet all of the following criteria:
- VOC concentration is no more than 25 grams of VOC per liter of material, as applied;
- Composite vapor pressure is no more than 5 mm Hg of VOC at 20°C (68°F);
- Reactivity is not higher than toluene; and,
- Contains no compounds classified as Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs) by the federal Clean Air Act, Ozone-Depleting Compounds (ODCs), or Global Warming Compounds (GWCs).
How Heavy Duty Degreaser Works
- Heavy Duty Degreaser is best used in an ultra sonic cleaning system or with a wand style parts washer.
- Heavy Duty Degreaser performs best when used with warm or hot water.
- Heavy Duty Degreaser in some cases performs better when diluted further with water, since it is a surfactant based cleaner the more water present to wash away the grime and grease the better.
- Please contact us for help finding the correct dilution ratio if the chart below doesn’t provide a good starting point for you.
- Heavy Duty Degreaser is designed for the manufacturers of precision machined parts that need total cleaning with minimal environmental impact.
Manufacturer Part Number: WWHD-1G WWHD-2G WWHD-1GCS WWHD-5G WWHD-55DR WWHD-275 WWHD-330
Manufacturer GTIN: 855290004012 855290004616 855290004098 855290004029 855290004036 855290004265 855290004258
Heavy Duty Degreaser Use Instructions
Parts Washing : 2:1 to 4:1 105ºF
Ultrasonic Cleaning: 7:1
Pressure Washing: 10:1 to 20:1
Bucket and Towel: 2:1 to 5:1
Steam Cleaning: 40:1
Mop and Bucket Cleaning: 20:1
- Stainless Steel
- Painted Surfaces
- Carbon Steel
- State DOT Agency’s
- Aerospace / Aviation
- Agriculture & Farming
- Automotive Manufacturing & Repair
- Food Manufacturing / Processing
- Forestry / Timber
- Health Care & Nursing Homes
- Oil & Lubricants
- Metal Fabrication
- Municipal Services
- Nuclear Power
- Performance Car Racing
- Pulp & Paper
- Restaurant & Hospitality
- Schools, Colleges & Universities
- Transportation & Fleet Maintenance
- Warehousing & Material Handling
- Outdoor Lifestyle Equipment Manufacturing
Concentration: Most aqueous cleaning technologies are designed to be diluted with water to deliver cost savings. Often, the more concentrated (also described as less dilute) the product used, the better the cleaning efficiency. In the case of Water Works™ Heavy Duty Degreaser, this is usually the case. However, some applications will require a less concentrated (more dilute) solution for better performance, i.e. ultrasonic applications.
Agitation: The addition of kinetic energy (movement) to the cleaning process aids any cleaning activity. Common forms of agitation include brushing, scrubbing, wiping, spraying, or even a flow of fluid across a surface.
Time: The longer the cleaning solution remains in contact with the soil, the more cleaning efficiency you will get from the cleaner. This is commonly called dwell time.
Temperature: As in the case of kinetic energy, the addition of caloric energy (heat) can make cleaning more efficient. As with any water based cleaner, including your washing machine or dishwasher at home, warmer water will improve cleaning performance.